St. Michael & All Angels Episcopal Church and The CPR-Sierra's
About the CPR-Sierra
About the Project
Ways to Help
Links & Further Research
News from the CPR
May 18 at 6 p.m. - An evening with Byrd Baylor and Dr. Elizabeth Oglesby
Summer Team Sendoff
Award-winning author Byrd Baylor will read from her work. Dr. Oglesby testified at the trial of General Rios Montt for genocide crimes; she is co-editor of The Guatemala Reader (2011, Duke U Press)
Half-price textile sale starts at 5 pm! Books! Food! Meet team members!
St. Michael & All Angels Episcopal 602 N. Wilmot Rd. (at 5th Street) - FREE! Donations requested--any amount View/Download invitation - Printable PDF
Join a collaboration team or delegation this summer!
It's not too late to join one of the summer collaboration teams or the solidarity delegation. See the Team Visits page for details and application forms.
Since 1993, Guatemala Project is an informal partnership among the Mayan Communities of Population in Resistance of the Sierra [CPR-Sierra], Saint Michael & All Angels Episcopal Church, Tucson, and other friends in the U.S.
Focus areas --
- Solidarity and advocacy
- Support for Mayan health workers
- Respect for indigenous self-determination
- Public information / awareness in the U.S.
- Delivery of medical supplies and medicines as identified by the CPR leadership
View/Download Project Brochure - Printable PDF
- Longevity, flexibility, mutuality, collaboration
- Non-sectarian, non-proselytizing, faith-based
- Most funds expended directly with the CPR in Guatemala
"Little children, let us not love in word and speech but in deed and in truth."I John 3:18