About the CPR-Sierra
About the Project
Ways to Help
Links & Further Research
News from the CPR
CALL FOR 2016 SUMMER TEAMS
2016 Application PDF -Volunteers interested to visit and work for 3-7 weeks are invited to contact the coordinator.
UPCOMING EVENTS: Morning Coffee & Conversation: Saturday - April 9 - 9:00 am - St. Michael's 602 N. Wilmot Rd.
Dorothy Chase, RN; Lahna Chaffee, RN; Ila Abernathy, Project coordinator, share personal accounts and photos from 2016, plus project/country updates. FREE. Donations appreciated.
Since 1993, Guatemala Project is an informal partnership among the Mayan Communities of Population in Resistance of the Sierra [CPR-Sierra], Saint Michael & All Angels Episcopal Church, Tucson, and other friends in the U.S.
Focus areas --
- Solidarity and advocacy
- Support for Mayan health workers
- Respect for indigenous self-determination
- Public information / awareness in the U.S.
- Delivery of medical supplies and medicines as identified by the CPR leadership
View/Download Project Brochure - Printable PDF
- Longevity, flexibility, mutuality, collaboration
- Non-sectarian, non-proselytizing, faith-based
- Most funds expended directly with the CPR in Guatemala
"Little children, let us not love in word and speech but in deed and in truth."I John 3:18